reach, make, or come to a decision about something
- "We finally decided after lengthy deliberations"
- "It was decided at the meeting that I should be expelled"
- "We must decide what to do"
- "He decided to study in a non-English-speaking country"
bring to an end; settle conclusively
- "The judge decided the case in favor of the plaintiff"
- "The case was decided"
cause to decide influence or determine
- "The vote in New Hampshire often decides the outcome of the Presidential election"
- "This new development finally decided me!"