the act of whistling a tune
- "his cheerful whistling indicated that he enjoyed his work"
- "The birds were whistling in the early morning"
make whistling sounds
- "He lay there, snoring and whistling"
move with, or as with, a whistling sound: "The bullets whistled past him"
utter or express by whistling
- "She whistled a melody"
move, send, or bring as if by whistling
- "Her optimism whistled away these worries"
make a whining, ringing, or whistling sound
- "the bullet sang past his ear"
give a signal by whistling
- "She whistled for her maid"