the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech
- "A shrill voice sounded behind us"
- röst [ anatomi ]
- [ musik ]
the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract
- "a singer takes good care of his voice"
a sound suggestive of a vocal utterance
- "the incessant voices of the artillery"
- "the noisy voice of the waterfall"
a means or agency by which something is expressed or communicated
- "conservatism has many voices"
- "the Times is not the voice of New York"
- "the voice of the law"
- talesman [ politik ]
something suggestive of speech in being a medium of expression
- "he said his voices told him to do it"
- "the voice of experience"
- "the wee small voice of conscience"
- inre röst
The grammatical relation of the subject of a verb to the action that the verb denotes
- huvudform [ lingvistik ]