(intensifier) to a very great extent or degree
- "the idea is so obvious"
in such a condition or manner, especially as expressed or implied
- "so live your life that old age will bring no regrets"
- "They're happy and I hope they will remain so"
to a certain unspecified extent or degree
- "can do only so much in a day"
- "I can only go so far with this student"
in they same way; also
- "worked hard and so did she"
- "I was offended and so was he"
- också Ungefär
(usually followed by `that') to an extent or degree as expressed
- "the rug is so dirty that it smells"