to make a picture, design etc using paint
- "He painted a painting of the garden"
- "he painted all day in the garden"
to apply cosmetics
- "the children's faces were painted to look like animals"
- [ media ]
to describe someone or something in a particular way
- "she's often been painted as a tough businesswoman"
- "the painted desert,"
represented in a painting
- "as idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean"
coated with paint
- "freshly painted lawn furniture"
lacking substance or vitality as if produced by painting
- "in public he wore a painted smile"
having makeup applied
- "brazen painted faces"