Hur används ordet lose
- "She lost her purse when she left it unattended on her seat"
- "She lost her husband a year ago"
- "We lost the battle but we won the war"
- "She lost her husband in the war"
- "I've lost my glasses again!"
- ""The detective lost the man he was shadowing after he had to stop at a red light""
- "I lost thousands of dollars on that bad investment!"
- "I lost the opportunity to spend a year abroad"
Ordet lose har 3 betydelser
- Inom generell
- Inom byggnadskonst
- Inom mat
fail to win
fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense; fail to keep in mind or in sight
suffer the loss of a person through death or removal
allow to go out of sight:
fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit