something produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing
- "erosion is the work of wind or water over time"
- "the work of an active imagination"
- "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"
- "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"
- "Picasso's work can be divided into periods"
buildings for carrying on industrial labor
- "He finished work at the Iron Works"
everything available; usually preceded by `the'
- "a hotdog with the works"
exert oneself by doing mental or physical work
- anstränga sig
vara anställd; utföra förvärvsarbete
- "She works as a waitress to put herself through law school"
have a desired effect; do the trick
- "Your method doesn't work, try mine instead"
move in ran agitated manner
- "His fingers worked with tension"