exert oneself by doing mental or physical work
- anstränga sig
vara anställd; utföra förvärvsarbete
- "She works as a waitress to put herself through law school"
have a desired effect; do the trick
- "Your method doesn't work, try mine instead"
move in ran agitated manner
- "His fingers worked with tension"
serving to permit or facilitate further work or activity adequate for practical use; especially sufficient in strength or numbers to accomplish something
- "a working knowledge of Spanish"
- "the party has a working majority in the House"
- "they need working agreements with their neighbor states on interstate projects"
- "discussed the working draft of a peace treaty"