all of something including all its component elements; parts an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity
- "Europe as a whole"
- "how big is that part compared to the whole?"
- "the whole of American literature"
- hela [ allmänt ]
including all components without exception; being one unit or constituting the full amount or extent or duration; complete
- "gave his whole attention"
- "whole in mind and body"
- "a whole loaf of bread"
- "the baby cried the whole trip home"
- "a whole week"
- "the whole hog"
- "a whole wardrobe for the tropics"
- "a whole person again"
(of siblings) having the same parents
- "whole brothers and sisters"