any materials unused and rejected as worthless or unwanted
- "they collect the waste once a week"
- "much of the waste material is carried off in the sewers"
useless or profitless activity; using or expending or consuming thoughtlessly or carelessly
- "mindless dissipaton of natural resources"
- "if the effort brings no compensating gain it is a waste"
reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect
spend thoughtlessly; throw away
- "He wasted his inheritance on his insincere friends"
use inefficiently or inappropriately
- "waste a joke on an unappreciative audience"
- "waste heat"
get rid of
- "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
- "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
- tyna bort