a watercolor made by applying a series of monochrome washes one over the other
- lavering [ konst ]
(western United States) the dry bed of an intermittent stream (as at the bottom of a canyon)
- "Just sit down and let me wash the dishes!"
- "I cook and my husband washes up after dinner"
cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water
- "Wash the towels, please!"
be capable of being washed
- "Does this material wash?"
- vara tvättbar
move by or as if by water
- "The footbridge washed away during the floods"
- "The swollen river washed away the footbridge"
- spola bort
remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent: he washed the dirt from his coat
- tvätta av
form by erosion: The river washed a ravine into the mountainside
- gräva ur