an architectural partition with a height and length greater than its thickness; used to divide or enclose an area or to support another structure a difficult or awkward situation
- "a wall of smoke"
- "competition was pushing them to the wall"
- "his back was to the wall"
- "the walls were covered with pictures"
- "the south wall had a small window"
a masonry fence (as around an estate or garden)
- "he ducked behind the garden wall and waited"
- "the wall followed the road"
- "they blew the trumpet and the walls came tumbling down"
anything that suggests a wall in structure or effect
- "a wall of prejudice"
- "a wall of water"