- "God bless this union"
- [ politik ]
an organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer
- "you have to join the union in order to get a job"
the United States during the Civil War
- "Lee hoped to detach Maryland from the Union"
the state of being united
- "there is strength in union"
a political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations
- "the Soviet Union"
a set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets
- "let C be the union of the sets A and B"
the occurrence of a uniting of separate parts
- "lightning produced an unusual union of the metals"
a device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner)
of trade unions
- "a union-shop clause in the contract"
- "union negotiations"
- "the union movement"