the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services
- "Venice was an important center of trade with the East"
- "they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade"
the skilled practice of a practical occupation
- "he learned his trade as an apprentice"
the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers: "even before noon there was a considerable trade"
engage in the trade of be traded at a certain price or under certain conditions:
- ""The stock traded around $20 a share""
turn in as payment or part payment for a purchase exchange or give (something) in exchange for
- "trade in an old car for a new one"