the event of something coming in contact with the body
- "the cooling touch of the night air"
- "he longed for the touch of her hand"
the faculty of touch
- "only sight and touch enable us to locate objects in the space around us"
a suggestion of some quality
- "there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone"
the act of putting two things together with no space between them
- "at his touch the room filled with lights"
the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
- "she likes the touch of silk on her skin"
the feel of mechanical action.
- ""this piano has a wonderful touch""
make physical contact with, come in contact with
- "Touch the stone for good luck"
- "The two buildings almost touch"
- "She never touched her husband"
- "I was touched by your kind letter of sympathy"
deal with; usually used with a form of negation
- "The local Mafia won't touch gambling"
- "I wouldn't touch her with a ten-foot pole"
- befatta sig med
cause to be in brief contact with
- "He touched his toes to the horse's flanks"
- "the boat touched at the landing-stage"
- angöra [ sjöfart ]