an instance or single occasion for some event
- "He called four times"
- "This time he succeeded"
An indefinite period (usually marked by specific attributes or activities)
- "He is doing time in the county jail"
- "He was a great actor is his time"
- "The time of year for planting"
- "He waited a long time"
A period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- "it took more than half my time"
- "I didn't have time to finish"
- "take time to smell the roses"
a person's experience on a particular occasion
- "He had a time holding back the tears" or "they had a good time together""
A suitable moment
- "it is time to go"
the continuum of experience in which events pass from the future through the present to the past