that time; that moment
- "we were friends from then on"
- "we will arrive before then"
subsequently or soon afterward (often used as sentence connectors)
- "we watched the late movie and then went to bed"
- "first came lightning, then thunder"
- "go left first, then right"
- "then he left"
in that case or as a consequence
- "then you'll be rich"
- "you've made up your mind then?"
- "the case, then, is closed"
- "keep it then if you want to"
at that time
- "prices were lower back then"
- "I was young then"