the sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus the faculty of taste distinguishing a taste by means of the taste buds
- "he loved the smell and taste of fresh bread"
- "his cold deprived him of his sense of taste"
- "the melon had a delicious taste"
- "the candy left him with a bad taste"
- "martinis are an acquired taste"
delicate discrimination (especially of aesthetic values)
- "to ask at that particular time was the ultimate in bad taste"
- "arrogance and lack of taste contributed to his rapid success"
a small amount eaten or drunk a brief experience of something
- "she enjoyed her brief taste of independence"
- "he got a taste of life on the wild side"
- "take a taste--you'll like it"
perceive by the sense of taste distinguish flavors
- "We tasted wines last night"
- "Can you taste the garlic?"