a military operation (often involving new supplies of men and materiel) to strengthen a military force or aid in the performance of its mission
- "they called for artillery support"
- understöd [ militärväsen ]
the financial means whereby one lives
- "he applied to the state for support"
something that holds up or provides a foundation any device that bears the weight of another thing
- "there was no place to attach supports for a shelf"
- "the statue stood on a marble support"
the act of bearing the weight of or strengthening
- "he leaned against the wall for support"
- "they forded the stream supporting their packs over their heads"
- stöd [ byggnadskonst ]
aiding someone [or something] to fulfill his [its] needs support; of morale, theories, etc.
- "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"
support financially in an enterprise
- "The scholarship saw me through college"