a typical star that is the source of light and heat for the planets in the solar system any star around which a planetary system evolves
- "the sun contains 99.85% of the mass in the solar system"
- "the shingles were weathered by the sun and wind"
- sol [ astronomi ]
the rising or setting of the sun
- soluppgång [ meteorologi ]
to expose or be exposed to the sun's rays
- "The farmer sunned the grain."
- "She became very tan when she had sunned for a few hours in the hot sun."
värmas upp i solen
- "The clothes on the washing line were sunned when they were put out to dry in the sunshine."