(linguistics) the grammatical constituent about which something is predicated in a sentence
- subjekt [ lingvistik ]
the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
- "he didn't want to discuss that subject"
something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
- "a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject"
- objekt [ konst ]
a person who is subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation
- "the subjects for this investigation were selected randomly"
- objekt [ allmänt ]
- "There has been no subject for complaint"
cause to experience or suffer
- "People in Chernobyl were subjected to radiation"
- "The sergeant subjected the new recruits to many drills"
to make liable
- göra mottaglig