- strike [ sport ]
sjukdom hos får
- myiasis [ veterinärmedicin ]
a group's refusal to work in protest against low pay or bad work conditions
- "the strike lasted more than a month before it was settled"
an attack that is intended to seize or inflict damage on or destroy an objective
- "the strike was scheduled to begin at dawn"
a pitch that is in the strike zone and that the batter does not hit
- "this pitcher throws more strikes than balls"
a score in tenpins: knocking down all ten with the first ball
- "he finished with three strikes in the tenth frame"
stop work in order to press demands
- "The auto workers are striking for higher wages"
as of a piano key or notes; also used metaphorically: "strike a sour note
- "strike middle C"
- anslå [ musik ]
indicate a certain time by striking, of clocks
- slå [ ur ]
- "She struck a goldmine"
- träffa på
produce by ignition; as of fire
with a lighting ecc