act of expanding by lengthening or widening
- stretching [ sport ]
pull in opposite directions
- "During the Inquisition, the torturers would stretch their victims on a rack"
occupy a large, elongated area
- "The park stretched beneath the train line"
extend one's body or limbs
- "Let's stretch for a minute--we've been sitting here for over 3 hours"
- sträcka på sig
become longer by being stretched and pulled
- "stretch out that piece of cloth"
- "The fabric stretches"
- "Stretch the soup by addding some more cream"
- dryga ut