a natural body of running water flowing on or under the earth;
- "the raft floated downstream on the current"
dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas; something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously
- "two streams of development run through American history"
- "he felt a stream of air"
- "stream of consciousness"
- "a stream of people emptied from the terminal"
A thin connected passing of a liquid through a lighter gas
To flow in a continuous or steady manner, like a liquid.
- "Tears streamed down her face"
- "His nose streamed blood"
- "She was streaming with sweat"
To push continuous data (e.g. music) from a server to a client computer while it is being used (played) on the client
- streama [ internet ]