the state of inactivity following an interruption
a brief stay in the course of a journey
- "they made a stopover to visit their friends"
a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it
- explosiva [ lingvistik ]
a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations
- interpunktion [ lingvistik ]
the act of stopping something
- "the third baseman made some remarkable stops"
a mechanical device in a camera that controls size of aperture of the lens
- bländare [ fotografi ]
- [ fotografi ]
(music) a knob on an organ that is pulled to change the sound quality from the organ pipes
- "the organist pulled out all the stops"
- piporgel [ musik ]
- "Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other"
- "stop the project"
- "It was just big enough to stop up the hole."
beskära fruktträd genom att ta bort årsskott
come to a halt, stop moving stop from happening or developing interrupt a trip cause to stop
- "stop the thief"
- "stop a car"
- "they stopped for three days in Florence"
- "we stopped at Aunt Mary's house"
- "She stopped in front of a store window"
- "the car stopped"