a promised or claimed share of loot or money
- "he demanded his split before they disbanded"
a lengthwise crack in wood
- "he inserted the wedge into a split in the log"
a dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts
- "she ordered a Banana Split with lots of extra chocolate syrup"
(tenpin bowling) a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl
- "he was winning until he got a split in the tenth frame"
an increase in the number of outstanding shares of a corporation without changing the shareholders' equity
- "they announced a two-for-one split of the common stock"