sick persons collectively (usually preceded by the)
- "Some kind people devote their lives to caring for the sick."
- de sjuka
afflicted with ill health or disease; ailing
- "She'd been sick with cancer for several years."
affected with nausea; inclined to vomit
- "Margie had been feeling sick all afternoon and decided it must be something she had eaten."
mentally, morally, or emotionally deranged, corrupt, or unsound; characteristic of a sick mind
- "I don't want to hear about your sick fantasies."
deeply affected with some unpleasant feeling, as of sorrow, disgust, or boredom; utterly weary or fed up
- "I'm sick and tired of working so hard!"
- "I'm sick of hearing all that gossip."
of, pertaining to, or for use during sickness
- "He applied for his sick benefits."