a solid missile discharged from a firearm
- "he left me an almost impossible shot"
- "the shot buzzed past his ear"
- "he tried to get unposed shots of his friends"
- "a good shot require good balance and tempo"
- skott [ vapen ]
an attempt to score in a game
- få poäng
an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- "his parting shot was `drop dead'"
a blow hard enough to cause injury
- "I caught him with a solid shot to the chin"
- "he is still recovering from a shot to his leg"
- slag [ sport ]
a person who shoots (as regards their ability)
- "he is a crack shot"
- "shoot a movie"
emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully;send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly
- "shoot a glance"
- "The dragon shot fumes and flames out of its mouth"