a long thin sewing needle with a sharp point
- synål [ sömnad ]
having or made by a thin edge or sharp point; suitable for cutting or piercing
- "the sharp crack of a twig"
- "a pencil with a sharp point"
- "a sharp knife"
- "of sharp and active intellect"
- "a sharp photographic image"
- "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"
- "a sharp drop"
(music) raised in pitch by one chromatic semitone
- "C sharp"
very sudden and in great amount or degree
- "a sharp drop in the stock market"
quick and forceful
- "a sharp blow"