any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit)
- "he dusted off the seat before sitting down"
a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane) furniture that is designed for sitting on
- "he booked their seats in advance"
- "there were not enough seats for all the guests"
a center of authority (as a city from which authority is exercised)
- säte [ anatomi ]
the cloth that covers the buttocks
- "the seat of his pants was worn through"
show to a seat; assign a seat for: "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
be able to seat provide with seats, as of a concert hall, for example
- "The theater seats 2,000"
put a seat on a chair
- fästa ett säte på