- "Nicklaus had a run of birdies"
- "She broke the record for the half-mile run"
A score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely
- "Their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
- "The Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"
- poäng Ungefär [ allmänt ]
a football play in which a player runs with the ball
- "the coach put great emphasis on running"
- "the defensive line braced to stop the run"
the act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace
- "his daily run keeps him fit"
- "he broke into a run"
- "Interest rates run from 5 to 10 percent"
- "What does it take to run a business?"
- "He runs the country's most frequented restaurant"
- "Run through your presentation before the meeting"
- "The machine was run by electricity"
be running or functioning, as of engines or machines
- "Is the computer running?"
change from one state to another
- "run amok"
cause to perform execute a program or process, as on a computer or a machine
- "run a new program on the Mac"
- "Run the dishwasher"
- "run a process"
- "run a subject"
- "run an errand"
cause something to pass or lead somewhere
- "Run the wire behind the cabinet"
take to one's heels; cut and run
stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
- "Service runs all the way to Cranbury"
- sträcka sig
have a particular form
- "the story or argument runs....", "as the saying goes..."
- "Musical talent runs in the family"
make without a miss; in sports or games
become undone, as of clothes such as knitted fabrics
- "Her nylons were running"
be affected by; be subjected to
- "run a risk"
- löpa [ ekonomi ]
sail before the wind
- länsa [ segelfartyg ]
cover by running; run a certain distance
- "She ran 10 miles that day"
extend or continue for a certain period of time
- "The film runs 5 hours"
keep company; of male animals
- hänga ihop
run with the ball; in football
- dribbla [ sport ]
- "The horse ran five"
- "60 Minutes' is scheduled to run a story on Tuesday"
- "Do you run an account system?"
- "Han har feber"
- "The hospitals have run large deficits"
- ha [ vanliga uttryck ]