person i en teaterpjäs el. film
i vissa uttryck
- "He shot his roll on a bob-tailed nag"
- "A roll of photographic film"
A flight maneuver; aircraft rotates about its longitudinal axis without changing direction or losing altitude
- roll [ militärväsen ]
The act of rolling something (as the ball in bowling)
- "roll out the paper"
to rotate or cause to rotate: "The child rolled down the hill"
- "She rolled the ball her eyes at his words"
occur in soft rounded shapes
- "The hills rolled past"
emit, produce, or utter with a deep prolonged reverberating sound
- "rolling drums"
- "The thunder rolled"
begin operating or running
- "The presses are already rolling"
- "The cameras were rolling"
shape by rolling
- "roll a cigarette"
execute a roll, in tumbling
- "The gymnasts rolled and jumped"
pronounce with a roll, of the phoneme /r/ "She rolls her r's".