possessing material wealth
- "many fond hopes are pinned on rich uncles"
- "her father is extremely rich"
having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources)
- "rich with cultural interest"
- "rich in ideas"
- "blessed with a land rich in minerals"
of great worth or quality
- "a rich collection of antiques"
- "rich seams of coal"
(metallurgy; chemistry) high in mineral content
- "a rich vein of copper"
suggestive of or characterized by great expense
- "a rich display"
highly seasoned or containing large amounts of choice ingredients such as butter or sugar or eggs
- "rich eggnogg"
- "rich pastries"
- "kept gorging on rich foods"
pleasantly full and mellow
- "a rich tenor voice"