- "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
cut down on; make a reduction in
- "reduce your daily fat intake"
make less complex
- "reduce a problem to a single question"
bring to humbler or weaker state or condition
- "He reduced the population to slavery"
simplify the form of a mathematical equation of expression by substituting one term for another
lower in grade or rank; force somebody into an unpleasant situation
- "She reduced her niece to a servant"
- "reduced standard of living"
- "reduce an image"
narrow or limit
- "reduce the influx of foreigners"
- "The cells reduce"
reposition back to its normal site, as of a broken bone, in surgery
cook until very little liquid is left, as of sauces
- "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"
take off weight
- banta [ allmänt ]