- "a quarter of a pound"
- kvarter [ militärväsen ]
one of four periods of play into which some games are divided
- "both teams scored in the first quarter"
- period [ sport ]
one of four periods into which the school year is divided
- "the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour
- "a quarter after 4 o'clock"
- "it's a quarter til 4"
a fourth part of a year; three months
- kvartal [ tidsenhet ]
one of the four major division of the compass
- "the wind is coming from that quarter"
a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
(British) a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
a US coin worth one fourth of a dollar
- "he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
an unspecified person
- "he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- stolle [ vardagligt ]
the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
divide into quarters divide into quarters
- "quarter an apple"
- "people were executed by being quartered"
- dela i fyra