the act of applying force in order to move something away the force used in pushing
- "the push of the water on the walls of the tank"
- "the pushing is good exercise"
- "he gave the door a hard push"
- "the push beside the bed operated a buzzer at the desk"
- "the elevator was operated by push buttons"
an effort to advance
- "the army made a push toward the sea"
- framryckning [ allmänt ]
move with force
- ""He pushed the table into a corner""
- "She pushed her chin out"
- "His parents pushed him into marrying her"
- "Don't push things too far!"
press, drive, or impel to action
- "He pushed her to finish her doctorate"
exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end
- "The liberal party pushed for reforms"