one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority:
- ""the mysterious presence of an evil power""
- "during his first year in power"
a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- dignitet [ matematik ]
possession of controlling influence
- "the deterrent power of nuclear weapons"
- "the power of his love saved her"
the quality of being able to perform; a quality that permits or facilitates achievement or accomplishment
supply the force or power for the functioning of
- "The gasoline powers the engines"
- "Buses are usually powered by diesel engines"
- "They use electricity in overhead wires to power trolley buses"
- "power brakes"
- "power-assisted steering"