- "atheists do not enjoy a favorable position in American life"
- "moved from third to fifth position"
- stridsställning [ militärväsen ]
- [ militärväsen ]
the particular portion of space occupied by a physical object
- "he put the lamp back in its place"
the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated
- "the position of the hands on the clock"
the appropriate or customary location
- "the cars were in position"
(in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player
- "what position does he play?"
a rationalized mental attitude