the object of an activity
- "what is the point of discussing it?"
- "the main point on the agenda was taken up first"
- [ sport ]
the precise location of something; a spatially limited location
- "she walked to a point where she could survey the whole street"
the unit of counting in scoring a game or contest
- "a touchdown counts 6 points"
- "he scored 20 points in the first half"
- poäng Ungefär [ allmänt ]
sharp end; a V shape
- "teeth filed to sharp points"
- "he broke the point of the pencil"
- "he stuck the point of the knife into a tree"
a promontory extending out into a large body of water
- "they sailed south around the point"
- [ geografi ]
a geometric element that has position but no extension a very small circular shape a linear unit used to measure the size of type; approximately 1/72 inch
- "a row of points"
- "a point is defined by its coordinates"
a distinguishing or individuating characteristic
- "he knows my bad points as well as my good points"
marks along the edge of a compass
- "he checked the point on his compass"
the muzzle's direction
- "he held me up at the point of a gun"
- pistolhot Ungefär [ vapen ]
be positionable in a specified manner
- "The gun points with ease"
- rikta [ vapen ]