an act of formulating a program for a definite course of action the cognitive process of thinking about what you will do in the event of something happening
- "his planning for retirement was hindered by several uncertainties"
- "the planning was more fun than the trip itself"
the act or process of drawing up plans or layouts for some project or enterprise
have the will and intention to carry out some action make plans for something
- "He is planning a trip with his family"
- "The rebels had planned turmoil and confusion"
- "He plans to be in graduate school next year"
to devise or project the realization or achievement of
- "plan an attack"