extensive tract of level open land
- "they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain"
something free from artifice, ornament, or extraneous matter
- något odekorerat
- "a plain blue suit"
- "a plain girl with a freckled face"
- "in plain view"
- "a plain dinner"
- "a plain dress"
- "made his meaning plain"
- "it is plain that he is no reactionary"
not elaborate or elaborated; simple
- "plain food"
- vanlig [ ALLMÄNT ]
free from any effort to soften to disguise
- "stuck to the plain facts"
- "the plain and unvarnished truth"