- "your place or mine?"
- "this is a nice place for a picnic"
- "took his place"
- "he sat in someone else's place"
- "Grosvenor Place"
any area set aside for a particular purpose
- "who owns this place?"
an abstract mental location
- "a political system with no place for the less prominent groups"
- "a place in my heart"
- "he has a special place in my thoughts"
a particular situation: "If you were in my place what would you do?"
- [ skor ]
proper or designated social situation: "he overstepped his place"
the passage that is being read
- "he lost his place on the page"
proper or appropriate position or location
- "a woman's place is no longer in the kitchen"
(in horse racing) a finish in second place
ge/anvisa en plats till/för sak eller person
- "place a phone call", "place a bet"
- "please put the cup on the table before you brake it!"
ordna saker och ting efter värde, storlek eller rang
- "place the statues in decreasing order; from biggest to smallest"
take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal
- "Jerry came in third place in the Marathon"
att känna igen någon på utseendet
- "I recognise you but I can't place you!"