A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface
- "They showed us the pictures of their wedding"
- "the author gives a depressing picture of life in Poland"
- "he had no clear picture of himself or his world"
- "he described his mental picture of his assailant"
- "they could still receive the sound but the picture was gone"
- "too often the narrative was interrupted by long word pictures"
A situation treated as an observable object
- "the political picture is favorable"
illustrations used to decorate or explain a text
- "the dictionary had many pictures"
A form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
A graphic or vivid verbal description
imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind