an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface
- "a small painting by Picasso"
- "he bought the painting as an investment"
the act of applying paint to a surface
- "you can finish the job of painting faster with a roller than with a brush"
making a picture with paints
- "he studied painting and sculpture for many years"
- måleri [ konst ]
the occupation of a house painter
- "house painting was the only craft he knew"
to make a picture, design etc using paint
- "He painted a painting of the garden"
- "he painted all day in the garden"
to apply cosmetics
- "the children's faces were painted to look like animals"
- [ media ]
to describe someone or something in a particular way
- "she's often been painted as a tough businesswoman"