- "offhand excuses"
casually thoughtless or inconsiderate
- "she treated most men with offhand contempt"
- "an offhand manner"
without previous thought or preparation
- "I don't know the figures off-hand"
in a casually inconsiderate manner
- "We decided offhand to go to Canada"
- "He replied offhand, his mind a million miles away"
No other persons are interested in the off-hand farm besides me
- avsides liggande
- "Students can practice offhand grinding skills using various thicknesses of scrap steel."
- utan tillsyn
- "They made a line of "off-hand" glass in 1925 and 1926, pieces made without molds."