a grammatical constituent that is acted upon
- "the object of the verb"
- "In the sentence 'I like crisp bread', 'crisp bread' is the object of the verb 'like"
- objekt [ lingvistik ]
- "the object of his admiration"
- "The object of their expedition was a certain bird"
- "What is the object of this book?"
be no object, betyda ingenting;en sekundär faktor;göra detsamma
- "age is no object"
- "money is no object"
- "it was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- "the object of my affection"
- "objects of thought"
- "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- "an object was thrown out of the window"
- "an object of ridicule/admiration"
- "I saw a strange object in the sky"