an announcement containing information about a future event
- "you didn't give me enough notice"
the act of noticing or paying attention
- "he escaped the notice of the police"
advance notification of the intention to withdraw from an arrangement or contract
- "he gave notice two months before he moved"
- "short notice"
- "we received a notice to vacate the premises"
polite or favorable attention
- "his hard work soon attracted the teacher's notice"
a short critical review
- "the play received good notices"
acknowledge the presence of or acquaintance with