the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- "coal is a hard black material"
information (data or ideas or observations) that can be reworked into a finished form
- "the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography"
- underlag [ samhälle ]
artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
a person judged suitable for admission or employment
- "she was vice-presidential material"
- "he was university material"
det som något är gjort av el. består av, materia, material
- ämne [ allmänt ]
ämne som kan bearbetas
- "writing materials" or "birth-control material"
concerned with worldly rather than spiritual interests
- "material comforts"
- "material wealth"
- "material possessions"
derived from or composed of matter
- "the material universe"
directly relevant to a matter especially a law case
- "a material witness"
- "facts likely to influence the judgment are called material facts"
- "evidence material to the issue at hand"
- "his support made a material difference"
concerned with or affecting physical as distinct from intellectual or psychological well-being
- "the moral and material welfare of all good citizens - T.Roosevelt"
- "material needs"