fail to win
- "We lost the battle but we won the war"
fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense; fail to keep in mind or in sight
- "She lost her husband a year ago"
- "She lost her purse when she left it unattended on her seat"
suffer the loss of a person through death or removal
- "She lost her husband in the war"
miss from one's possessions; lose sight of
- "I've lost my glasses again!"
fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit
- "I lost thousands of dollars on that bad investment!"
- gå miste om
unable to find the way
- "she felt lost on the first day of school"
- "I was lost in the forest"
spiritually or physically doomed or destroyed ruined or destroyed physically or morally
- "lost souls"
not gained or won
- "a lost prize"
- "a lost battle"
not caught with the senses or the mind
- "My jokes were lost on them"
- "words lost in the din"