the period of time during which you are absent from work or duty
- "he took his leave"
- "a ten day's leave to visit his mother"
permission to do something
- "she was granted leave to speak"
go away from a place
- "At what time does your train leave?" "She didn't leave until midnight"
- "She left a mess when she moved out"
- "His good luck finally left him"
cause to be in a specified state
- "The inflation left them penniless"
- "He left money on the table for his wife to find"
leave unchanged or unaltered
- "leave it as is"
make a possibility or provide opportunity for
- "This leaves no room for improvement"
- "The water left a mark on the silk dress"
- "Her blood left a stain on the napkin"
leave home, school, a position, etc.
let be; leave alone or undisturbed
- "leave the door open!"
refrain from taking
- "Please leave the hand-outs on the tables"
have left or have as a remainder
- "That left the four of us"
- "19 - 8 leaves 11"
be survived by after one's death: "He left six children"